AC’s Chicken Nicoise Salad
Chicken Nicoise Salad makes eating what’s good for you easy! Incorporating MightyMeals’ bulk menu items makes it down right simple! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs MightyMeals bulk chicken
- 1 lb MightyMeals bulk green beans
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1.5 tbsp, divided dry herb blend with salt (I use this one)
- 2 lbs small potatoes (new, fingerling, tiny purple)
- Olives, optional to taste
- Hard boiled eggs, optional to taste
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Roast potatoes: preheat oven to 450. Wash and half or quarter potatoes; whatever it takes to make them bite-sized. Line a baking sheet with foil and add potatoes. Spray with olive oil spray, add ½ tbsp (1.5 tsp) herb blend with salt, and toss to coat. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, cut all the tomatoes in half and cut the green beans into bite-sized pieces.
- Make your dressing: whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of the herb blend. Slowly add olive oil and whisk to blend.
- If you’re making this for weekday lunches, assemble the salads in divided containers. Put the chicken, green beans and potatoes on one side and the tomatoes, olives and eggs on the other. Put 2 tbsp of the dressing in it’s own container.
- If you’re making it to eat at home, assemble as shown in picture. Put all leftovers in separate containers and you’ve got an at-home salad bar!
AC is originally from Charlotte, NC and got her Bachelor’s degree in both psychology and Spanish at UNC Chapel Hill. She worked in community mental health before going back for her Master’s in Nutrition at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. AC fell in love with sports nutrition while working with the dietitians at Notre Dame University during her intern year. She feels passionately about using balanced nutrition to support a balanced life, and enjoys helping people use food as a tool to bust through plateaus and hit their goals! Addie is always down to try a new workout and absolutely loves to cook and try new foods. She can make lots of fancy dishes, but her favorite food is anything that resembles PB&J. AC is one of four VIDA Fitness Registered Dietitians.
AC’s favorite MightyMeal is the Basil Pesto Chicken & Orzo.
About VIDA Fitness: VIDA is a premiere health and wellness club comprised of six locations all throughout Washington DC. Our gyms boast state-of-art equipment, and uniquely designed spaces to make your workouts both efficient & productive. We offer a wide array of group fitness classes and personal training options to ensure that everyone is comfortable and supported in achieving their fitness goals. VIDA is all about creating community, and making sure everyone who walks in our doors feels like they are part of our family. Please email [email protected] if you’re interested in learning more about our nutritional counseling services. Connect with VIDA on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.